Imagine for a second, being at your ideal weight. Chisel abs, nice strong arms, broad shoulders, legs to die for and everything in between. Siting on the couch with the remote control, drinking “diet coke” and eating Lays potato chips may not get you there.
You don’t have to back away from the chips entirely for the rest of your life, but reach for fruits and vegetables instead. Getting in shape and staying healthy is not just a walk in the park., but you can start with a walk in the park. Maybe those walks get your feet moving faster and you start jogging. Before you know it, you are running marathons. One can only dream, right? But who said dreams cannot come true?
It is hard to stay motivated and want to exercise or eat healthy. You want the effortless way out, but your health is more valuable than settling for anything mediocre. Your body is your greatest possession. You only have one, so love it and take care of it.
Here is a list of 5 key things you can do to start on a healthier you…
- Start small – don’t overdo it (taking walks or lifting lighter weights)
- Buy healthy ingredients – coconut oil instead of vegetable oil, quinoa instead of rice
- Stock up on healthy snacks – so when you want to reach for that cookie, the apple smiles at you
- Find a body goal – Whenever I think of Teyana Taylor in Kanye West “Fade” video, I back away from the cake
- Make water & tea your default drink – Helps you stay hydrated and it’s great for your body
Just small tweaks and the dream body will soon be a reality.